Waltham-on-the-Wolds CE Primary School
Waltham-on-the-Wolds is a small village school set in an idyllic rural location in the heart of the stunning Vale of Belvoir. The school is surrounded by beautiful countryside but is also close to the market town of Melton Mowbray. The school was built in 1844 and has a long tradition of providing a high-quality education for children between the ages of 4-11 in Waltham and the surrounding areas. The school currently caters to 80 pupils and there is a Pre-school on site that received an Outstanding during its last Ofsted inspection. The school has maintained its Good standard, which has been reflected in the grade awarded to the school by Ofsted.
‘Let your light Shine’ Matthew 5:16
- We show compassion by helping others
- We value friendship through respect
- We love one another, God’s world and learning
- We show perseverance and courage in all we do.
- Friendship – Bible Story of ‘Ruth and Naomi’ (Ruth 11-13 and 14-22)
- Love – (Verses in Corinthians 13:4-8)
- Perseverance – Bible Story of ‘Joseph and his Brothers (Genesis 37-50)
- Respect and Compassion – Bible Story of ‘The Good Samaritan’ (Luke 10:25-37)
We aim to serve our community by providing an education of the highest quality within the context of religious belief and practice. We encourage an understanding of the meaning and significance of faith and promote Christian and British values through the experience it offers to all our pupils.
“Pupils enjoy school and said that their teachers make learning fun. Younger pupils enjoy the activities in the forest. Visits and science days at school promote pupils’ scientific knowledge and understanding well.”
The percentage of pupils at Waltham-on-the-Wolds achieving at a higher standard in reading, writing and maths has been consistently above national and local average for the past 3 years.