Wymondham CE Primary School
Wymondham is situated in the glorious village of Wymondham, in the heart of rural Leicestershire. The school is surrounded by fields and stunning views of the English countryside. The school enjoy close links with St Peter’s Church and the local community, as well as nearby local schools. The school currently caters for 30 pupils aged from 5 to 11. The school has continued to improve over the last 3 years, which has been reflected in the Good grade awarded to the school by Ofsted.
‘To provide each pupil with a diverse education within a safe, supportive environment that promotes self-discipline, motivation and excellence in learning.’
‘Our school values are at the core of everything we do. They underpin our teaching and learning and provide an environment, which prepares our pupils as confident, happy citizens.
We are determined to work to enable the school to:
- To provide high-quality learning and teaching within a Christian context
- To offer a broad and balanced curriculum with an emphasis on enjoyment
- To meet the needs of all pupils including their spiritual, moral, social and cultural development
- To ensure equal opportunities and inclusion for all staff and pupils
- To provide a safe and orderly environment reflecting the caring ethos of the school
- To develop the strengths of the whole school community including pupils, teaching and support staff
“Pupils are happy and well looked after. They take pride in their school community. Staff expect pupils to behave well. Pupils play well together. They are polite and friendly.”
Pupils at Wymondham continuously meet the expected standards set for them. In 2018 100% of all pupils meet their expected standard in reading, writing and maths, which is significantly above both local authority and national average.