Inspectors praise Rise partnership during church school inspection
Following a recent visit to Viscount Beaumont’s CofE Primary School, a church school inspector has praised the significant impact of joining Rise Multi Academy Trust.
Within their Statutory Inspection of Anglican and Methodist Schools (SIAMS) report, the school was graded ‘Good’ across all areas. The inspector found that “The new MAT partnership is marked by principle, generosity and grace. This like-minded relationship is ensuring that everyone continues to flourish within this remarkable school family.”
The report continued: “Governors have made bold decisions regarding the future of the school and which multi academy trust (MAT) to join. The association formed has proved to be invaluable.”
Regarding the impact of the implementation of Rise’s MAT curriculum at the school, the inspector also stated that “The broad and ambitious MAT curriculum allows the school to maintain its individuality and distinctiveness.”
In addition, it was noted that: “Staff networks facilitate joint planning and valuable sharing opportunities. These contribute to vision-shaped classroom experiences where all pupils are enabled to achieve…Everyone speaks very positively of how much the affiliation is benefiting them personally, such as by reducing staff workload.”
After a period of support and collaboration, Viscount Beaumont’s CofE Primary School officially joined Rise Multi Academy Trust in June 2022.
Jo Westaby, Executive Headteacher at Viscount Beaumont’s CofE Primary School, said: “Joining Rise Multi Academy Trust was a real turning point for our school.
“As a small village primary school, being part of a Trust that shares our Christian ethos and values is really special. We benefit from so much support and guidance that makes a real difference for our children.”
Other highlights from the report include:
- Viscount Beaumont’s Church of England Primary School has a clear and cohesive Christian vision, where everyone is celebrated and welcomed in an atmosphere of innate Christian love.
- The MAT vision of ‘enabling children to flourish and succeed’ complements the school’s Christian legacy…The unique nature of Viscount Beaumont’s vision has been maintained whilst appreciating the advantages of being part of a wider school family.
- All pupils are flourishing because they are each seen as being unique individuals known fully by each member of staff in school. All are nurtured and recognise they can be listened to in a culture of mutual respect and gentleness, reflecting the vision.
- Vulnerable pupils thrive as a result of subtle, targeted support, empowering trust and a sense of security.
- Older pupils care for younger pupils and friendships are fostered which continue even when they leave the school.
Mark Cole, CEO of Rise Multi Academy Trust, said: “Our Christian values underpin all that we do across our Trust, so I am delighted that the SIAMS inspection found the clear impact our strong Trust partnership is having on this school community.
“Through our shared sense of purpose and collaboration, together we are enabling our pupils to flourish and succeed throughout their lives.”