St Luke’s CofE Primary School celebrates ‘Good’ Ofsted rating
St Luke’s CofE Primary School, part of Rise Multi-Academy Trust, has once again been rated ‘Good’ by Ofsted following a recent visit by the education watchdog.
During their visit to the primary school, based in Thurnby, Leicestershire, inspectors remarked that “Pupils at this school are very happy. They enjoy their learning and work hard during lessons.”
Inspectors added that “Pupils say that the school values motivate them to learn and behave well. They positively demonstrate the values of kindness, thankfulness, forgiveness, aspiration and perseverance.”
In addition, the report noted that “Leaders have high expectations for all pupils. They want pupils to achieve well [and] have ensured there is breadth and quality in what pupils learn.”
Other highlights included:
- Leaders are ambitious about pupils’ development as confident and independent readers. Children start to learn phonics straight away in the Reception Year…Pupils enjoy reading. They talk about their favourite books and authors with enthusiasm.
- In mathematics, there is a well-planned programme of learning across all year groups…As with reading, leaders have made sure that children learn well in mathematics right from the start in early years.
- Leaders ensure that through the curriculum, pupils’ spiritual, moral, social and cultural development is promoted effectively. Pupils understand the importance of having respect for each other.
- Leaders promote pupils’ understanding of diversity. Pupils have a broad knowledge of different faiths and cultures. They understand the principles of fairness of voting and democracy.
- Pupils with special educational needs and/or disabilities are well supported. Staff are trained to understand pupils’ needs…Teachers skilfully adapt their teaching, if required, to ensure that these pupils have access to the same learning opportunities as others.
- Leaders work with other partners to enrich the wider curriculum, which pupils enjoy accessing.
Louisa Morris, Executive Headteacher at St Luke’s CofE Primary School, said: “I am incredibly proud of the staff and pupils at our wonderful school. Our children are an inspiration to us all and St Luke’s is a happy place to learn and work, so I am delighted that Ofsted have recognised this.”
In further feedback from inspectors, leaders were praised for showing “a deep commitment to the well-being of pupils and staff." The report went on to state that "Teachers, in turn, have confidence in their leadership. All staff feel fully supported by the multi-academy trust and the governing body.”
Mark Cole, CEO of Rise Multi-Academy Trust, added: "Many congratulations to the whole team at St Luke’s CofE Primary School for this latest Ofsted 'Good' rating, which is a testament to their dedication and hard work.
"As a Trust, we work tirelessly in order to enable children to flourish and succeed. Through close collaboration and a commitment to doing all we can for our communities, we provide our very best for our pupils, every day."